Divorce Lawyers in Georgia
Georgia Divorce Lawyers
Divorce is often a defining event in a person's life. While your decision to end your marriage may have been challenging, your choice regarding which attorney you should consult to help you move to the next phase in your life doesn't have to be difficult. Our Georgia divorce lawyers will protect your best interests, ensuring that the legal steps we take today will protect your family's future.
Georgia Divorce Law Tips
- Both parties can reside in the marital residence while the divorce is pending. Without court intervention, a spouse cannot remove the other spouse.
- Assets accumulated prior to the marriage can become marital property if the parties commingle separate assets with marital assets.
- If the divorce involves children, both parents are required to attend a co-parenting seminar prior to the execution of the final order.
- Child Custody involves one parent receiving final decision making authority concerning the child's health, education, religion, and extra-curricular activities.
- Most jurisdictions and Judge's require parties to attend mediation prior to court, which is an amicable, cost-effective approach to resolving contested issues.
Experienced Georgia Divorce Attorneys
While bringing empathy and compassion to each case, the family law attorneys at Hobson & Hobson, P.C. will not shy away from an aggressive approach to protect your children, assets, and earning capabilities. Our firm understands that a swift, peaceful and amicable resolution is best for your family; however, we are unrelenting in our advocacy, and aggressive in our trial tactics, to ensure and protect your family's future.
- Alimony, spousal support, spousal maintenance
- Separate Property vs. Marital Property
- Equitable division of marital assets and debts
- Division of retirement accounts, IRA, 401k, ESOP, Pensions, Thrift Savings Account;
- Division of personal property;
- Business valuation and division of business assets
- Child Custody
- Legal custody vs. primary physical custody
- Visitation with minor children
- Child Support, Child Support modification, Contempt of Child Support; Establishment of Child Support;
Ready to Get Started?
We can help. We can guide you through the consultation process starting with a scheduled call back from a member of our intake team. If you would prefer to speak directly and confidently with an attorney, a paid hour consultation is also available. To arrange a meeting, contact us today.